RICHARD Z. WHITE BIOGRAPHICAL SUMMARY
Information Technology (IT) Services Business ( Richard Z. White LLC.), specializing in SAP, IT infrastructure and application development. Richard Z. White is a SAP certified Consultant that has over 25 years of experience in designing; delivering and developing SAP integrated solutions. His development expertise also includes delivering database and Internet solutions, imaging solutions on a variety of platforms across a suite of industries and organizations. He carries numerous certifications in major technologies. He has consulted and partnered with the leading system integrators past and present; International Business Systems, Sun Microsystems, Honeywell, Raytheon and Compaq. In addition, including consulting engagements with leading consulting companies; SAP, IBM Global Services, Ernest/Young, PriceWaterhouse/Coopers and Deloitte & Touche’.
Richard has been committed to improving STEM education and opportunities in the inner city, and uplifting the Black community through is involvement in his neighborhood, National Society Of Black Engineers (NSBE) , and Business. Richard’s work ethic, engagement, partnership and integrity combined with his gift of resiliency and dedication has been asset to his success. Today, Richard, a father of two is a passionate leader in his family, community and Industry.
- National Society of Black Engineers Professionals Chairperson
- Founded January 2001 – Richard Z. White LLC. ( SAP and IT Services Business )
- Co-Founder – C.H.A.N.G.E – Committee to Help Advance Neighborhood Growth and Education
- Chapter President UMass/ Lowell
- Established 1st New England Zone ( UMass Lowell, Boston University , MIT, Northeastern)
- UMass/Lowell Most Improved Chapter
- NSBE National Member of the Year
- Director of first Inner-City Computer Camp ( Digital / Freedom House)
- Region 1 Chairperson ( 85-85, 85-86)
- National Regional Leadership Award
- Participated in 1st National Solicitation Package , procured fist BCA Member – Digital Equipment Corporation ( 15K)
- Contributed to establishment of National Headquarters
- Contributed to creation of National Mission Statement
- Hosted 1st Regional Leadership Conference
- Contributed to establishment of National Magazine
- Founder – NSBENET – NSBE National Communication Network ( NSBE Email)
- Co-developed 1st NSBE Membership System ( National Headquarters System)
- Co-developed 1st National Conference Registration System , ( Digital, Polaroid, Kodak)
- Assisted in procuring Computer and IT infrastructure Grants for National Headquarters
- Responsible for installation and Networking of the National Headquarters.
- Assisted in Domain Registration
- Co-Chairperson – NSBE Alumni Interest Group
- Host 1st Regional Alumni Extension Conference
- Alumni Extension Public Relations Chairperson
- Corporate Sponsor Region III Conference ( $1500.00 )
- Facilitated Entrepreneurship workshop(s) at Regional III Conference
- Corporate Sponsor ( $2500.00) National Conference ( Orlando 2008)
- Participated in 2008 LEAP Panel – National Convention, Orlando 2008
- Proud Paid NSBE Lifetime Member #12
- KAPPA ALPHA PSI – Lifetime Member, Member of Washington Alumni Chapter
NSBE Leadership Experience
NSBE Professionals Chair – National Society of Black Engineers ▪ 2016-2017
NSBE Professionals Chair-Elect – National Society of Black Engineers ▪ 2015-2016
- Organizational Partnership and Impact to 2025 Goals. Promote and focus on NSBE’s Mission strategic goals (To graduate 10K engineers/year by 2025) and impacting the community.
- Chapter Growth and Wellness – Continue efforts in building the Professional Leadership Team through developing relationship with Chapters and engaging Chapter Leaders. Established and improved Signature Professional activities and events based on Chapter and Regional strategic partnership.
- Membership Engagement – Build trust and transform the culture where needed to bring about a culture of family, collaboration and most importantly valuing our differences and respecting each other culturally, professionally and personally.
- Budget and Program Transparency – Improved transparency in our Program and Budget process.
Pre-College Initiative Chair – NSBE DC Metro Professionals Chapter ▪ 2014
- Grew the committee from 4 active members to 16 active members
- Coordinated STEM events through the DC, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) area. In that we reached over 250 STEM kids and Parents.
- Partnered with area chapters (Baltimore Area Chapter, Greenbelt NASA, VA, etc.) to insure we had a large presence at the national premiere STEM event – USA Science and Engineering Festival. This included planning events and coordinating area NSBE JR chapters to demonstrate and run sessions at the Festival. In addition we worked with National Headquarters and personally contributed funds and resources to insure we had a booth and that it would be represented not just of the DMV NSBE community but be represented nationally. It was a huge success, and over 400 kids, parents and supports past through our booth.
- We awarded 11K in scholarships to DMV area students. In addition, we had successful scholarship Luncheon, sponsored by BAH.
Membership Chair – NSBE DC Metro Professionals Chapter ▪ 2014 – 2015
- Grew membership committee from 1 (previous year) to over 10 members.
- Had a successful membership picnic where over 100 professionals were in participation.
- Chapter Survey and Forum. Over 45 Participants.
- Grew membership from 95 to over 133 active NSBE professionals.
- Conducted our first New Members Reception. This was participated with over 12 new professionals.
- NSBE Family Bowlathon, over 30 participants, members, family and students.
- Planning a National Mall Walkathon to raise money for our Chapter Innovators Scholarship.